‘Through Bombs’: US Official Issues Stark Warning to Iran Amid Ceasefire Push

3

Iran on Monday unveiled a new authority to manage the Strait of Hormuz, a critical global oil and shipping route, amid rising tensions in the Gulf and continued backchannel talks with the United States.

The newly formed body, called the Persian Gulf Strait Authority (PGSA), will oversee operations and issue updates related to the strategically vital waterway. Iranian media described the move as part of Tehran’s efforts to strengthen oversight of the strait after warning that vessels passing through the region could be subjected to new regulations and possible transit fees.

The development comes as Iran confirmed that negotiations with the United States are continuing through Pakistan, which is reportedly serving as a mediator between the two countries. Tehran said it had responded to a fresh American proposal intended to end the conflict triggered by US and Israeli strikes on Iran earlier this year.

According to Iranian reports, Washington has asked Tehran to curb its nuclear activities and transfer its enriched uranium reserves to the United States. Iran, however, has alleged that the US has declined to release most of the frozen Iranian assets and has not agreed to compensate for damages caused during the conflict.

Regional tensions also remained high after Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates reported separate drone-related incidents on Sunday. No organisation has claimed responsibility for the incidents so far.

US President Donald Trump renewed his warning to Iran, urging Tehran to agree to a peace deal quickly or face serious consequences. He said there “won’t be anything left of them” if the situation continues to escalate.

Comments are closed.